Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I have a makeup dilemma...? Foundation and Concealer...?

I'm biracial and have a medium tan that leans towards a lighter Spanish tint-look. I'm just getting into that phase of womanhood where I'd like to learn how to apply facial makeup like foundation and stuff without looking creepy. I know how to use lipstick, lipgloss, and eye and lip liner. It's the whole facial coverage thing that gets me. I get too freaked when the Macy's girls make you look scary, so I'm trying my luck here. Should I use a powder, mousse, whipped, or a liquid? Personally, I like what's practical and the least messy, fastest and easiest to apply. And should I worry about concealer at twenty years old? Any help? Thanks. -M.I have a makeup dilemma...? Foundation and Concealer...?
Try bare escentuals-- it is natural looking and in a lot of colors.I have a makeup dilemma...? Foundation and Concealer...?
i'm a powder girl myself. i use maybelline everfresh concealer if there's anything i have to cover up, then just brush on some revlon colorstay powder.


i've never been able to wear liquid foundation and have it look good, partly because i'm incredibly pale though... i have what you'd call 'porcelain' skin so any color just looks like a mask on me. i don't like liquid foundation but for darker tones it may work well, i'd give it a try. try covergirl, they have some good liquid foundations.





or just go powder. it's a little messy if you go crazy with it but all you do is buff around your face and you're ready- whereas with liquid you get it on your hands and you have to blend and mix etc etc.


i'd say try powder.


good luck! %26lt;3
i like liquid foundation because its pretty simple to apply, and it doesnt really get caked on like when using a powder, also just a tip, put the foundation on first because it gives a more even look, then if needed use a tad of concealer on the areas needed. have fun... test it out, cause only you know whats best for you and your face. :)
Try the minreal makeup - it's very light but good coverage. Get a make-over at Sephora or Ulta with Bare Minerals
My skin tone sounds to be the same as yours. I love the Bare Minerals.
I love mineral makeup too (bareminerals) and would never, ever go back to liquid. But if you can get by with light to medium coverage, there is something even easier - you might want to try Laura Geller's Balance %26amp; Bronze (for your skin tone). It is like a baked powder foundation - much easier to use and not a messy as minerals. I use it and love it - I would use it all the time, except I need a fuller coverage.
Get ahold of a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant they will work with you until its right, they have 5 diffrent formulas to choose from as well as a tinted moisturizer that is amazing! Check at the Mary Kay web site www.Mary Kay.com
First, I would determine what skin type you are and go from there. If you decide to go with a liquid/creme foundation, try wetting a cosmetic sponge, squeezing it out enough to keep it just a bit damp, and using that to evenly apply your foundation. I started doing this about a year ago and found that my foundation goes on more evenly, never appears streaky or heavy, and faster than trying to smooth it out with my fingers. (I'm a light skinned Hispana, too.)


Second, if at all possible, go with a neutral color unless you are sure you are a cool or warm. I tend to go cool but can get away with warms as well.


You should be able to get away with a light dusting of translucent powder without it looking too heavy, unnatural.


Unless you have certain things to cover up, I wouldn't even bother with concealer. Sometimes doing so attracts more attention to the problem area than without.





Hope this helps,


Mon :-)
i would use concealer to spot-treat problem areas, then apply tinted moisturizer (or a water-based foundation to prevent pore clogging) with clean fingers for all over use, and then use a powder brush to lightly dust powder (using a sponge tends to make it look heavier). since the summer is coming, you might want to invest in bronzer for some shimmer.
Remember to get a base which matches your skin tone. That way it doesn't show so much that you have make-up on, but you still get the even-toned look. I prefer pressed-powders. MAC is a good brand and their pressed-powder (called Studio Fix) is fast and easy to put on and it stays on very well. It's also not messy at all.





I've never liked liquid. It gets too thick. For me it's messy along with the mousse, and whipped stuff. Studio Fix by MAC is by far my favorite. Here's their website:


http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/pr鈥?/a>





Concealer is usually used around the eyes, nose, or to cover blemishes. If you don't have dark circles or anything, then you don't need it. I think the Studio Fix covers well enough that unless the circles are really dark and the blemishes red and swollen, that concealer isn't needed.
I am a Mary Kay Consultant and I can help you with and questions or problems you may have with your make-up. You can email me @ marykang_nel@yahoo .net Have A Great Day!!!
Go to sephora, l'oreal , lancome,or Mac in the mall tell them you want make up that look natural and explain your concerns about the look you want and they will help you find the look that suit you best


Good luck
Go to Sephora and try Bare Escentuals. I bought the ';starter kit'; and it came with everything I needed. I've been using it for about two months now, and I love it. I never bothered with foundation before because it was too time consuming and too messy. This is a breeze to put on, super fast, and low maintenance. A friend talked me into buying Bare Escentuals, and I'm glad she did! I didn't really think that I needed concealer either (I don't really have any blemishes), but now after using Bare Escentuals, I'd never go without! It's really light and makes your skin one even color.
  • homeowner loans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    email hosting