Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Makeup...Should I use my concealer after the foundation, or before? Does it even matters?

Why is MAC'S products labeled, ';Fix'; or ';Finish';?Makeup...Should I use my concealer after the foundation, or before? Does it even matters?
if you are using only pressed powder foundation, and not a liquid foundation, you need to put on your concealer first. powder of any skin should always be your very last step.





if you are using a liquid foundation, you can do concealer before or after, or both for more coverage.Makeup...Should I use my concealer after the foundation, or before? Does it even matters?
Pressed powder foundation has more oil in it so I wouldn't recommend it unless your skin is dryish. I use liquid foundation, then a tiny bit of concealer, then set it all with loose powder.
I don't know about MAC, but finish is the last thing put on and fix is to fix some trouble area, I think.





I would use foundation first because your are rubbing it all over your face, while foundation is just for specific areas, so it just makes sense (to me) to put the foundation on first.
You should always put concealer on top of your foundation. If you put foundation over a concealer, you just rub it off or cover it up. Concealer should be a shade lighter than your foundation.
Step one: moisturize.


Step two: foundation. Blend..blend..blend.


Step three: concealer. don't apply too much beacuse it will look really heavy.


Step four: set with powder. I would suggest using a powder brush if useing pressed powder. It helps blend it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting