Friday, December 11, 2009

When I apply makeup to my face (concealer/foundation) it looks flakey and uneven, HELP!?

i can't apply makeup without it looking clumpy, uneven, blotchy, i can't even get it to cover up the areas i want it to cover (like blemishes and acne!) AHHH! HELP PLEASE!!When I apply makeup to my face (concealer/foundation) it looks flakey and uneven, HELP!?
The best thing to do is not use liquid face make up. For one, they clog your pores and cause the acne you want to cover up. If you do need to cover acne, i recommend you use concealer a skin tone lighter than your own. Then i think you should use face powder. If your looking for a bronzer, i recommend Hoola by Benefit, available at sephora for 28 dollars. If you just want to even out skin tones, i recommend Mac face powder. I hope i have helped you, and if you need anything else, email me at laurenhasspoken@yahoo.com and tell me your from the yahoo blog.When I apply makeup to my face (concealer/foundation) it looks flakey and uneven, HELP!?
exfoliate your face for the flakes and for the acne and blemishes, dab concealer on it first
foundation needs proper application..see some applying tips


http://www.free-makeup-tips.com/makeup/f鈥?/a>


http://www.beauty-basics.net/makeup/appl鈥?/a>
Lauren, it sounds to me like your skin care is lacking. Get rid of your imperfections (blemishes/acne) don't try to cover them! Next, choose a foundation that closely matches your natural skin tone - you shouldn't have to use very much. I like aularale.com/7002. Choose the skin care for your skin type (normal/dry or oily). Use it faithfully morning and night and include the vitamin c serum before moisturizing. Your skin will shape up in no time. Of course your diet must also be a good one - fresh fruits/veggies and lots of water must be consumed. Good skin comes from the inside out.
use a lotion or primer before you put on your concealer/foundation so you get more even coverage and also try using one of those green concealer sticks that are made for covering redness and then just use your foundation over it :)
it sounds like you are using something too dry for your face... look for one with moisturizers... and sunscreen.. go one shade darker than your complexion (and use cover stick first for any problem areas).. avoid powder unless you must - that can cause flakes too. Oh, and always, make sure you bring it down, to your neck area just a little so there is no line at the base of your face.
I feel you! Same problems... forever. Doesn't matter how many treatments I buy or books I read. However -- I've learned to work with acne (and lessen it to a great extent) and look nice with makeup on:


1. I think exfoliants are bad... especially on acne. It only seems to make the acne sores/areas worse. Use only every once in a while if you feel like you really need it.


2. Make sure that before you apply makeup that you've washed your face (I like Neutrogena Deep Cleanser [cream]) and applied moisturizer. I like to use Neutrogena's Acne Moisturizer because it includes a small amount of salicylic acid which helps fight acne all day.


3. Use a liquid foundation, not a concealer/foundation combo. I do this because it makes it a lot easier to blend the acne areas with the non-acne areas.


4. Personally, I love CG Smoothers (cover girl) ';All day hydrating make--up';. They have many colors to choose from and it's easy to apply and blend (I use well-washed finger tips) and it doesn't clog pores.


5. Powders are bad for flaky skin. But, because I love the extra shimmer they offer I use a bronzer (specifically, TruBlend by Cover Girl). I use it after apply foundation and through the day to freshen makeup and reduce shine but it also creates a subdued sparkle. I like it, maybe you don't. I would recommend carrying some sort of light powder which can absorb oil as you apply it during the day as needed.


6. You may have to find your own tricks through trial and error, but with these few items I've lessened my acne and made what little exists much less noticable with my makeup on.
Make sure that you have exfoliated (i.e., removed all dead skin cells with a gentle scrub, AHA product, or any good cleanser) the night before. In the morning, wash your face and apply your foundation/concealer to clean skin or apply a primer before your concealer. TIPS: make sure your not applying too much, start with a little, use a brush or wet sponge to assist you with your application. It is important to pick the right color and a water-based formulation if acne is a concern--%26gt; try a cream-to-powder foundation --%26gt; they are easy to apply for beginners....
Neutrogena sells an at home microdermabrasion kit for around $30.00. It removes dead skin cells and rejuvenates skin making it glow. I have read reviews and it appears to do the trick. Good luck.
First of all make sure you skin is clean and dry.


Then make sure it is moisturized.


Then put concelor on your problem spots.


Then its time for your foundation. If you are having


problems with blotches, and uneven coverage, use


a bigger applicator. Like loose powder with a round


pad it comes with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting