Friday, December 11, 2009

Makeup Foundation and Concealer applicaiton?

What are the pros and cons of using a sponge versus using your fingers to apply foundation or concealer? I heard twice this week that using one's fingers is not correct. Is there a right or wrong way? I prefer professional artists or experienced people who know what they are talking about to answer my question. ThanksMakeup Foundation and Concealer applicaiton?
Makeup artists usually use a sponge for sanitary reasons, however it is perfectly fine to use your fingers as long as they are clean. There is no wrong way to apply it, as long as it is the appropriate shade, is evenly applied and blended. In my experience applying concealer with a brush is good if you want to put it on thicker (over a blemish, etc.) and then blend around with your finger. I do not think it goes on nicely underneath the eyes when applied with a brush or sponge.Makeup Foundation and Concealer applicaiton?
Free beauty tips on Makeup/Cosmetic tricks


Hairstyles %26amp; photo gallery/


hair highlighting/Weightloss /Hairremoval/ etc...


http://geebal.blogspot.com
I always use my fingers to apply my foundation. When you use a liquid apply on the back of the hand and rub it to warm the foundation, which brings out the color. You can apply it either way really. I just find that using your fingers gives you more control and a better overall look! :)
I personally use a sponge for foundation. A finger (ring finger)and or brush for concealer.





I typically refrain from using fingers cause they have oil on them and that just more gunk I am wiping on my face that will break down later. The smaller concealer brushes are nice to use.
I rather BRUSHES, fingers r 10 icky germs and sponges r thirsty they soak up all your foundation!
I'm a model, and the number one rule for us is to never touch your face. the oil from your fingers gets into your pores and clogs them. also, the sponge allows you to use less makeup and gives you more even coverage. the best way to apply is put your concealer on the spots you want to hide, but don't rub it in. use your sponge with foundation to blend the concealer and foundation at the same time.
I think sponges tend to give more even coverage, and there's less chance for streaks with sponges.
You are supposed to use an applicator for sanitation purposes. You also get even coverage. I prefer brushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting